How to get a Working Visa in China
Getting a work visa is probably one of the most daunting parts of the transition process not just when working in China but also when working abroad as a whole.  As overwhelming as it may seem, Cynergy Future Recruitment is here to guide you through the entire process to make it as easier for you as possible.
Once you have accepted the offer, the school will be asking for your documents for them to commence the work permit application process. Gathering these documents is probably the most overwhelming part and usually takes 1-2 months to complete; therefore it is advisable to prepare these papers in advance.
Bachelor’s Degree
Teaching Certificate/Reference Letter
Non-Criminal Record
Photo Requirements
Digital photos must be taken within the last six months and must meet certain criteria. Please see below for reference.
Once you have gathered all the required documents, your employer can start the work permit application process. It usually takes 15-20 working days for the Foreign Experts Bureau to release the work permit notification.  

Z Visa
Z visa is issued to enter China for those who obtained the work permit notification. This visa is only valid for 30 days and will need to be converted to a residence permit upon arrival.

You may proceed to apply for Z visa at the nearest
Chinese embassy or consulates in your country after you receive your work permit notice. We strongly
suggest for you to check the requirements for Z visa
application at the embassy before filing an application as different countries have different set of requirements. Processing of Z visa will take 4-6 working days
depending on which country.

Temporary Police Registration Form
All foreigners are required to register to the nearest police station 24 hours upon arrival in China regardless of the visa status.

In some cases, their employer books teachers at a hotel for 1-2 weeks before they move to an apartment. The hotel takes care of the police registration up until the check out date. But once you move to your new apartment, you need to register again at the nearest police station within 24 hours else, you will be fined.
Different districts have different set of requirements. These are the general documents you need to bring for registration:
Once obtained, you need to keep the temporary registration, as you will need it to convert your Z visa to
residence permit.

Contract of lease
Owner’s national ID
Property Certificate
Medical Check
Upon arrival, you will be scheduled for a mandatory
medical check at a hospital or clinic for expats duly
accredited by the Entry-Exit Bureau Administration. This step is still part of your working visa application process and a requirement to convert your Z visa to a residence permit.  The employer will set up the appointment for you and you are required to bring the following:
Medical check will normally take 30 minutes to 1 hour and you are not allowed to eat anything before the procedure so it’s best for you to do it in the morning.

Results of your medical check will be released after 5 working days and you can personally pick it up from the clinic or you may have it mailed directly to your employer.

Medical information sheet (this can be issued by the employer once the appointment is set)
Passport sized photo
Company’s business license (you can get a copy from your employer)
RMB500 cash (hospitals only accept cash payment)
Residence Permit
This is the final step of the working visa process. You and your employer will need to personally go to the Entry-Exit Administration Bureau to convert your Z visa to a residence permit or working visa. This is a multiple entry visa valid for a maximum of one year and the process will take 7 working days.
So there you have it, you are now an official resident of China!

Room 811, No. 53 Huangpu road, Hongkou District, Shanghai